Community Connector - Casual Positions
We are hiring! The Community Connector position provides support to adults living with a developmental disability as well as at-risk children and youth. Services include community participation, respite, recreational involvement, socialization opportunities and activities of daily living.
Hours of Work: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Provides support as needed for the integration of clients into community and recreational activities
- Assists clients to participate in activities of their choice
- Carries out all aspects of the client’s Service Plan as appropriate
- Must be attentive to the client’s needs
- Ensures timely and accurate file documentation
- Exercises discretion and respects the rights of clients
- Interacts effectively with clients regardless of intellectual, mobility, medical or behavioural challenges
- Flexibility is required to meet operational needs.
- First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for the purpose of transporting clients
- Clear criminal records check including vulnerable sector check
- Diploma in human services (DSW, SSW) or experience within a related field preferred, but not necessary as training will be provided.
Salary: $ 20.55 - 22.57
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: Hiring Committee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Community Support Centre-NW is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage all persons to apply. If you require accommodations at any time during the hiring process, please contact us. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Supervised Access Workers - Dryden Site - Casual Positions
The Supervised Access Worker works with the Supervised Access Program to maintain a safe and non-threatening, child-focused, neutral environment for non-custodial parents or other family members to visit with or exchange their children.
- Supervise and monitor all interactions between children and non-custodial parties
- Provide a safe and comfortable environement for children and visiting parties
- Maintain factual observation records of visits and exchanges as set out by the agency's policies and procedures, and in accordance with the standards of the Ministry of the Attorney General
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team while developing and maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers
- Exercise discretion and respect the rights of clients
- Ability to interact effectively and develop professional relationships with clients
- Flexibility is required to meet operational needs. Hours of work include evenings and weekends.
- Diploma in human services or experience within a related field preferred. Training will be provided.
Salary: $20.55 - $22.75 as per Collective Agreement
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Open until filled
Submit cover letter and resume to: Hiring Committee email: email@example.com
The Community Support Centre-Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact us if you require accommodations in regards to the recruitment and selection process.