CHRISTMAS CHEER 2021 - NEWS UPDATE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Christmas Cheer Program continues to face many challenges including capacity limits, vaccination requirements,
physical distancing, masking, screening and other public health measures. As a result, we have made the difficult decision to again modify the
delivery of the Christmas Cheer program this year as a preventative measure toward keeping our volunteers, employees and program recipients safe and healthy.Program changes include:
- Cancellation of Adopt-A-Family sponsored hampers
- We will not be accepting toy and food donations
- Christmas Cheer recipient applications will be accepted only by mail, fax, e-mail or outdoor drop box at the Community Support Centre-NW
- Only monetary donations will be accepted
- Gift cards will replace food hampers
- Gift cards will replace toys/gifts for children.
We know the pandemic has created increased financial challenges for many individuals and families and we therefore anticipate an even greater need this holiday season.
On behalf of the Christmas Cheer program, we thank you for your understanding and support.